Monday, February 26, 2007

A Sunday on Motutapu Island with Pri and Francesco


That picture that I posted on my first post was from a recent tramping trip that me and some good friends of mine took last Sunday to the island of Motutapu. An island in Hauraki gulf that is connected to the giant dormant volcano, Rangitoto. Here is a panorama shot that Francesco took of the view from Motutapu of Rangitoto. Pretty cool, huh? That white spot on the left hand side, is actually ME! :)

It was a long day, and we walked for around seven hours. We were exhausted, toasty, tired, beat, done, cooked, well ripe and soon to be waiting for the ferry. I got a few blisters and was sore all over my body, but it was worth it. We saw some amazing views and got to see some amazing wildlife. We even managed to scale a few fences, which was exciting.

I've actually seen quite a few of the islands in Hauraki gulf now. I'll try and talk more about that. I might be going to Kawau island this weekend. Let's see if I can get some free time. I've been very busy of recent. The semester started today and it is FULL ON! Good fun though. Amazing topics. I quite enjoyed 'measure theory,' a post-graduate class that I am sitting in on. I am also sitting in on graduate, 'complex analysis' this semester. Very interesting topics.

Talk more soon. Hope everybody enjoys this blog!

2 comments:

Jan Kronquist said...

Wow! Nice view! Rangitoto is always impressive...

Howie Cohl said...

You see that bridge? That's the land bridge connecting Rangitoto to Motutapu. :)